This version of that popular Thai takeout dish uses veggie noodles instead of rice noodles and a paleo-approved mixture of coconut oil and clarified butter instead of peanut oil.
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs butternut squash and/or carrot noodles
- 4 green onions
- 12 oz peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp Nature's Promise Organic Coconut Oil and Ghee
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, divided
- Place the vegetable noodles in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 1 min. Uncover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the dark green parts of green onions into 1½-inch lengths. Thinly slice light green and white parts of green onions. Pat the shrimp dry.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the coconut oil and ghee on medium-high. Add the shrimp and cook 2–3 min., until browned on both sides. Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- To same skillet, add the garlic and thinly sliced green onions. Cook 30 sec., stirring constantly. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add to skillet. Cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Add the partially cooked vegetable noodles, shrimp, and fish sauce. Cook 1 min., gently stirring. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime all over. To serve, garnish with remaining green onions and remaining lime wedges.
- S1 2019
- Calories 253kcal 13%
- Fat 7.8g 12%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 26.0g 9%
- Sodium 571mg 24%
- 5.0g sugar
- 5.0g fiber
- 23.0g protein
- 229mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?