Almond meal replaces flour to give gluten-free status to these irresistible cookies. Super-sweet mashed bananas take the place of sugar.
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup gluten-free almond meal
- ⅓ cup Nature's Promise Organic Unsweetened Flake Coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Chop the chocolate into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Add to bowl with bananas and stir until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate. With mini cookie scoop or level tablespoon measure, drop dough onto lined pans, spacing 1 inch apart. Press tops to flatten.
- Bake 12–14 min., until golden brown around edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2019