Cottage cheese is the secret to the guilt-free creaminess in this warm dip. Serve it on family movie night or while you’re watching the big game with friends.
- Cooking spray
- 5 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg chives
- 1 (16 oz) container fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 oz) pkg frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and patted dry
- Assorted vegetables, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the kale and ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic. Microwave 2 min., until wilted. Drain well. Finely chop the chives.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan, lemon juice, and nutmeg until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with kale and fold to combine.
- Chop the artichokes and fold into kale mixture, along with chives, reserving 2 tsp as garnish. Spread mixture in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 18 min., until hot in center. Garnish with reserved chives and serve with vegetables.
- In Season
- January 2019