Apple juice and raspberries provide natural sweetness while white whole wheat flour ups the fiber in this better-for-you version of a diner staple.
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ⅛ tsp salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, apple juice, ½ cup yogurt, 1 egg, 1 egg white, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (some lumps are okay).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add batter, ¼ cup at a time, to form pancakes. Cook 1–2 min., until edges begin to set and bottoms are golden brown. Turn pancakes over and cook another 1 min., until bottoms are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining pancake batter. Serve with raspberries, dolloped with remaining ½ cup yogurt.
- guiding star
- January 2019