A twist on the classic pairing of pork chops and applesauce, this quick and easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¾ cup unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pork chops and toss until well coated.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add pork chops and cook 4 min. per side, until cooked through. Transfer pork to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- To same skillet, add the onions and cook 5 min., until golden, stirring often. Stir in the applesauce, parsley, and ¼ cup water. Cook 1 min. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve pork chops with applesauce.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes
- January 2019