Spicy honey plus crunchy nuts transform seared striped bass into a simple but sensational seafood dinner.
- ¾ cup Nature's Promise® Organic Pecans
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp ancho red chili powder
- 4 (5 oz) skin-on striped bass fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (16 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Frozen Whole Green Beans, thawed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium plate. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey 20-30 sec., until runny. Stir in the chili powder.
- Pat the fillets dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Brush the flesh sides with the honey mixture and press onto pecans to adhere.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add fillets, skin-sides down. Cook 4–5 min., until golden brown. Turn fillets over and cook 1–2 min. more, until fish is cooked through (if pecans and honey are browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low).
- Meanwhile, add the green beans to a microwave-safe baking dish with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4 min., until hot. Drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve striped bass with green beans and lemon wedges.
Other nuts like walnuts or almonds can be used instead of pecans.
- Guiding Stars
- Fifteen Mintues
- 15 Minutes
- December 2022
- January 2019