Spicy honey plus crunchy nuts transform seared striped bass into a simple but sensational seafood dinner.
- ¾ cup Nature's Promise Organic Pecans
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp ancho red chili powder
- 4 (5 oz) striped bass fillets, with skin still attached
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (16 oz) bag Nature's Promise Organic Frozen Whole Green Beans, thawed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium plate. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey until runny. Stir in the chili powder.
- Pat the striped bass dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Brush the non-skin sides with the honey mixture. Press the honey-side of each fillet into the pecans until well coated.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add striped bass, skin-sides down. Cook 4–5 min., until golden brown on bottoms. Turn fillets over and cook 1–2 min. more, until fish is cooked through (if pecans and honey are browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low).
- Meanwhile, add the green beans to a microwave-safe baking dish with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4 min., until hot. Drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve striped bass with green beans and lemon wedges.
Other nuts like walnuts or almonds can be used instead of pecans.
- S1 2019
- 15 min
- Calories 434kcal 22%
- Fat 20.2g 31%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 13%
- Carbs 36.2g 12%
- Sodium 134mg 6%
- 26.6g sugar
- 5.8g fiber
- 30.3g protein
- 58mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?