Coating chicken cutlets with a bit of flour before searing creates a light breading to keep chicken moist and helps thicken the sweet and tangy pan sauce.
- 2 lemons, divided
- 2 (8 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Thinly slice 1 lemon. Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin cutlets. With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap to ⅓-inch thickness.
- In a small baking dish, whisk the flour and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to dish with flour and toss until well coated.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook 3 min. per side, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- To same skillet, add the broth, honey, and juice of remaining lemon. Cook 1 min., stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Return chicken to skillet and top with sliced lemons. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 10 min., until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to package directions. Serve chicken over rice. Garnish with the parsley.
- S1 2019
- Calories 550kcal 28%
- Fat 16.0g 25%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 12%
- Carbs 57.0g 19%
- Sodium 91mg 4%
- 9.0g sugar
- 6.0g fiber
- 38.0g protein
- 104mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?