Cabbage and ham aren’t just for slaws and sandwiches. Try them in a quick stir-fry with seasonings like green onions and garlic for a creative noodle dish that will wow your family.
- 4 oz wide rice noodles
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 4 oz sliced lower-sodium deli ham
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Core and very thinly slice the cabbage. Cut the ham into short strips. Thinly slice the green onions.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add green onions, ham, and garlic. Cook 2–3 min., until garlic is golden, stirring often. Add cabbage. Cook 7–8 min., until cabbage has wilted, stirring often.
- Into skillet, stir the vinegar and soy sauce. Season with pepper. Cook 2 min., stirring to combine.
- Add rice noodles to cabbage mixture and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star
- January 2019