These mini two-bite portions of everyone’s favorite comfort food are a stunning hors d’oeuvre that’s sure to wow your guests.
- ⅓ (16 oz) pkg thin spaghetti
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 24 frozen mini or bite-size meatballs
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Break the spaghetti strands into thirds. Cook according to package directions, draining 1 min. before al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt saucepot, heat the marinara sauce to a simmer on medium-high. Stir in the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 min., until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Coat 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the mozzarella and 2 tbsp Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss until well combined.
- Divide spaghetti mixture among mini muffin cups. Press spaghetti down in centers and up sides to form cup. Bake 15 min., until golden brown around edges.
- Remove spaghetti cups from muffin pan and arrange on a large serving platter. Spoon 1 meatball into each cup. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan.
To make the spaghetti cups ahead, cool baked cups, then refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 day. Reheat cups on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven until warm
- December 2018
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook