Packed with squash, carrots, and peppers, this hearty casserole will please vegetarians and meat-lovers alike.
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 (15 oz) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (26 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Garden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 1 (8 oz) pkg no-boil lasagna sheets
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grate the carrots. Drain and chop the roasted peppers. Thinly slice the summer squash.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onions and carrots. Cook 4–5 min., until tender. Stir in roasted peppers and summer squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 min., until squash is tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese. Season with black pepper.
- In the bottom of a 9x13-inch greased baking dish, spread 1 cup pasta sauce. Layer some lasagna noodles over sauce and spread ½ of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with ½ of vegetable mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce. Repeat layering once more with more lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, and remaining vegetable mixture. Top with remaining lasagna noodles, sauce, 1½ cups mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake 30 min. Remove foil and cook 15 more min., until noodles are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- S9 2018
- Calories 319kcal 16%
- Fat 13.3g 20%
- Saturated fat 6.1g 30%
- Carbs 33.2g 11%
- Sodium 680mg 28%
- 9.0g sugar
- 3.9g fiber
- 17.0g protein
- 32mg cholesterol