Crushed pineapple and maple syrup are the secret ingredients for this classic Thanksgiving casserole.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. With paring knife, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and place on baking sheet. Roast 40–50 min., until knife easily pierces through potato, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, drain the pineapple through a strainer, pressing out excess liquid.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F. When cool enough to handle, peel sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl, along with brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and drained pineapple. Season with salt. With potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to 3-quart baking dish, spreading the top to smooth. Top with the marshmallows. Bake 8–10 min., until marshmallows are golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and serve.
To make this ahead, assemble the casserole up to 1 day in advance and refrigerate. Bake at 400°F for 20 min.
- S9 2018
- Calories 133kcal 7%
- Fat 0.1g <1%
- Saturated fat 0.0g <1%
- Carbs 32.7g 11%
- Sodium 46mg 2%
- 19.3g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 1.2g protein
- 0mg cholesterol