This has it all—crispy pancetta bits, red wine vinegar to cut the richness, and caramelized Brussels sprouts.
- 3 (12 oz) pkgs halved Brussels sprouts
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (4 oz) pkg diced pancetta
- 2 large shallots
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the Brussels sprouts with 4 tbsp (¼ cup) oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in single layers on each pan, turning sprouts so they are cut-sides down. Roast 30–35 min., until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, combine the pancetta and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Cook on medium 4 min., until pancetta is crisp, stirring often.
- While pancetta cooks, thinly slice the shallots. With slotted spoon, transfer cooked pancetta to a small bowl. Add shallots and thyme to skillet. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Stir in the vinegar and sugar. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta vinaigrette until well coated. Garnish with cooked pancetta.
- November 2018
- guiding star