The satisfying combination of sweet butternut squash, sharp Parmesan cheese, and earthy sage make this pasta dish perfect for cool fall nights.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg rigatoni
- 2 (14 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Organic Butternut Squash Cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Cut the butternut squash cubes into smaller chunks.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil and garlic on medium. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the butternut squash and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt. Cover and cook 10 min. Uncover and add the butter and sage. Cook 6–8 min., until squash is tender and butter is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Toss the cooked rigatoni with the butternut squash mixture and cooking liquid. Add the cheese and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- October 2018
- guiding star