Using a mix of different root vegetables gives this simple side a complexity you’d never guess from its list of just four ingredients.
- 3 lbs mixed root vegetables (beets, carrots, parsnips, Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup prepared pesto
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- Peel the root vegetables and cut into ¼- to ½-inch-thick slices. Place vegetables in a large microwave-safe bowl or baking dish, along with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 5–7 min., until almost tender.
- Drain the vegetables well and gently toss with the oil. Arrange in single layer on lined baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 min., until golden brown.
- Transfer vegetables to serving bowl and spoon pesto on top. Garnish with parsley.
- In Season
- October 2018