A flavor-packed sauce made from pantry staples and lots of frozen veggies are the keys to getting this crowd-pleasing meal on the table fast.
- 1 ¼ lbs flank steak
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen mixed pepper strips, thawed
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on high. Add the steak and cook 4 min. per side, until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and black pepper. Heat the rice according to package directions.
- Transfer steak to cutting board. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onions to skillet and cook 1 min. Add the pepper strips and broccoli. Cook 2 min. Thinly slice steak and add to skillet, along with sauce mixture. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Serve over rice.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October 2018
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes