Have a cheeseburger anytime by keeping this handheld version in your freezer for busy weeknights.
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 (6 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 (1 lb) pizza dough
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup pickle slices, drained
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Lightly coat a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add the onions and beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 min., breaking up meat with back of spoon. Add the tomato paste. Cook 1 min., stirring. Remove from heat.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 mounds. On lightly floured surface, press 1 piece dough into 8-inch round. On ½ of circle, add ¼ of beef mixture, Cheddar, and pickle slices. Fold other half of dough circle over. Press and crimp edges to seal tightly. Place on lined pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray tops of calzones with cooking spray. Bake calzones 15 min., until golden brown on bottoms.
To freeze these, let them cool completely at room temperature, then wrap them individually in plastic, then foil. To reheat, remove plastic and bake them in a 375°F oven for 10 min.
- September 2018