Ready, set, chow down! These little sandwiches are a fun twist on the usual kids’ lunch and are easy for little hands to hold.
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 slices white or whole-wheat bread
- 1 large leaf butter lettuce
- 1 slice yellow Cheddar cheese
- ½ oz mini pepperoni (about 6 slices)
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup mini pretzel twists
- Spread the mayonnaise on the bread. Tear lettuce leaf into 3 narrow strips. Tear cheese into 3 narrow strips. Across the top third of bread, layer 1 strip lettuce, then 1 strip Cheddar, then 2 slices pepperoni.
- Across middle third, layer 1 piece lettuce, pepperoni, then Cheddar. Across bottom third, stack the remaining Cheddar, pepperoni, then piece of lettuce.
- With a ¼- to ⅓-inch round cutter, cut 3 holes in 2 columns on each half of remaining bread slice. Place on top of sandwich. Trim crusts off and cut sandwich into 2 rectangles to form 2 columns of traffic lights. Cut the orange into wedges to serve with sandwich, along with the pretzels.
No small round cutter? Find a small condiment bottle cap that’s the same diameter and use that to cut out the holes.
- Ten Minutes
- September 2018
- 10 Minutes
- Take 5: Five Ingredient Recipes Cookbook