Apples go savory in this one-pan weeknight dinner that pairs juicy pork with sautéed apples and fragrant rosemary.
- 4 (½-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small Pink Lady apples
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the pork chops and cook 2–3 min. per side, until browned. Transfer to plate.
- While pork cooks, core and cut the apples into thin wedges. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. To skillet, add apples, onions, rosemary, and cayenne. Season with salt. Cook 8 min., until onions and apples begin to soften, stirring often.
- Stir in the chicken stock and return pork chops to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook another 5 min., until pork is cooked through.
- In Season
- September 2018
- Guiding Stars