Skip the popcorn and pack this zesty snack for your next trip to the movies on a hot summer day.
- 6 tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 4 cups Nature's Promise Organic Thin Wheat Crackers
- 4 cups unsweetened bite-size shredded wheat squares
- 1 cup smoked almonds
- To a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, soy sauce, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Microwave in 30-sec. intervals until butter melts. Stir to combine, then add to a slow cooker.
- Add the pretzels and crackers to slow cooker, along with wheat squares and almonds. Toss until well coated. Cover, leaving lid slightly ajar to let steam escape, and cook on low 3 hours, stirring every 30 min.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Spread mixture out on baking sheet in single layer and let cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
- August 2018