Keep pantry staples like brown rice and beans on hand to mix up these burgers when you’re in a weeknight dinner crunch.
- ½ cup Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 (15 oz) can reduced-sodium black beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 6 soft potato buns
- Heat the rice according to package directions. Drain and rinse the beans. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the onions and chili powder. Cook 5 min., until onions are tender, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Set grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork, leaving some beans intact. Add the rice, bread crumbs, ketchup, and cooked onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Divide into 6 mounds and mold each into ¾-inch patty, packing mixture together tightly.
- Place patties on grill and cook 3 min. per side, turning over gently with spatula. Serve on the buns.
Jazz up these burgers with your favorite garnishes, like lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- August 2018
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star