A combination of ground pork, veal, and beef adds mega flavor to this meatloaf. A double dose of it means you can save one loaf to freeze.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 (1.2 lb) pkgs meatloaf mix (ground pork, veal, and beef)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In a medium skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add onions and cook until tender, 6–8 min. Stir in garlic and cook 1 min. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine meatloaf mix, eggs, bread crumbs, ½ cup ketchup, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Stir in onion mixture.
- Coat 2 (8x4-inch) disposable aluminum loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide meat mixture in half and evenly pack into both pans. Bake 40 min.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup ketchup and honey. Glaze both meatloaves with ketchup mixture and continue baking 15–20 min. further, until a meat thermometer registers 160℉. Let cool slightly and then slice.
- Savory Sunday
- March 2018