This New England classic gets an extra touch of summer with the addition of charred green onions.
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lb cooked chilled lobster meat (precooked or from about 3 medium lobsters)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 green onions
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 4 New England style split-top hot dog rolls
- Set grill to medium-high. Finely chop the celery. Chop the lobster meat and transfer to a large bowl, along with the mayonnaise, chopped celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Brush the green onions with 1 tbsp butter. Split open the rolls and brush insides with remaining 2 tbsp butter. Grill green onions 1–2 min., until slightly charred and softened, turning occasionally. Let green onions cool. Grill the rolls, buttered sides down, 1–2 min., until well toasted.
- Finely chop green onions and add to lobster mixture. Stir to combine. Divide lobster salad among grilled rolls. Serve immediately.
- Fifteen Minutes
- June 2018
- June 2022
- 15 minute