Mexican tortilla soup gets a twist with cannellini beans and quinoa. If desired, stir rotisserie chicken into the mix.
- 2 cups roasted carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups can cannellini beans
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups multigrain tortilla chips
- Peel and chop the carrots. In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium. Add carrots and cook 5–7 min., until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and cook 1 min., stirring.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans. To pot, add 3½ cups water, beans, corn, quinoa, and vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15–20 min., until quinoa is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and chop avocado. Finely chop cilantro. Stir lime juice into soup. Serve soup topped with avocado, cilantro, and chips.
- January 2018
- Savory Sunday