A variety of pantry staples like cannellini beans and canned tomatoes make this soup both a budget-friendly and effortless dinner option.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ½ (28 oz) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 oz) pkg baby kale
- 1 (2 oz) chunk Parmesan cheese
- Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and cut into ½-inch pieces. Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the mushrooms and bell pepper and cook 5 min., until mushrooms are almost tender, stirring often. Season with salt. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato purée, and 2 cups water. Heat to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 12–14 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and kale. Cook 2 min., until kale wilts.
- Divide among 4 bowls. With vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan over soup.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star
- April 2018