Comforting chicken soup gets a Thai spin with ginger, fish sauce, and spicy chiles. Thick udon noodles are perfect for slurping.
- 1 (9 oz) pkg udon noodles
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger
- 6 oz fresh trimmed and washed green beans
- 2 serrano chiles
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 thighs)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 (7 oz) pkg fresh bean sprouts
- Cook the udon noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the ginger. Cut the green beans into halves or thirds. Thinly slice the chiles. Trim any excess fat from the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 3 In a medium pot, combine the ginger, green beans, chiles, broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Squeeze juice of the lime into the pot. Heat to a boil on high. Add the chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 min., until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir half of bean sprouts into soup. Cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Divide noodles and soup among 4 bowls. Top with remaining bean sprouts. Serve immediately.
Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- April 2018
- Calories 568kcal 28%
- Fat 25.2g 39%
- Saturated fat 19.3g 96%
- Carbs 61.3g 20%
- Sodium 1675mg 70%
- 4.2g sugar
- 5.3g fiber
- 28.9g protein
- 61mg cholesterol