Cheese and broccoli, what’s not to love? Even the kids will devour these super-cheesy individual casseroles.
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Organic broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 6 (5 oz) ramekins with cooking spray. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Finely chop broccoli florets. Add to a microwave-safe bowl or dish, along with 3 tbsp water. Cover and microwave 2–3 min., until broccoli is tender. Drain any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter on medium-high. Stir in flour and cook 1–2 min., until golden, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk until smooth and cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, whisking constantly. Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 min., until cheese melts. Remove from heat and stir in steamed broccoli.
- Spoon broccoli mixture into prepared ramekins and top with bread crumbs. Coat bread crumbs with cooking spray. Bake 10 min., until bubbly and golden brown.
- April 2018