- 1 (14 oz) pkg sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 room temperature egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325F. Add coconut, condensed milk and vanilla to a large bowl. Zest the lemon into the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until very stiff peaks form. Add half of the whipped egg whites to the coconut mixture and mix well to lighten the batter. Carefully fold in the remaining egg whites being careful not to over mix.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop out coconut mixture with a cookie scoop or a ¼ cup measure. Bake for 22-25 min, spinning the tray halfway through cooking, or until cookies are golden brown and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Calories 221kcal 11%
- Fat 11.7g 18%
- Saturated fat 9.8g 49%
- Carbs 27.4g 9%
- Sodium 110mg 5%
- 26.0g sugar
- 1.3g fiber
- 3.4g protein
- 9mg cholesterol