Black beans are the secret ingredient in these chocolaty brownies. These brownies are so yummy, no one will know the difference.
- ½ (15 oz) can black beans
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup white frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- In a food processor, combine the oil and beans and pulse until smooth. Add the eggs, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla and purée until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with foil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the black bean mixture to the flour and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 15–20 min., until a toothpick inserted an inch from the edge comes out almost clean. Let cool and turn out onto a cutting board.
- Using a small football (or small oval) shaped cookie cutter, cut the brownies into football shapes.
- Place frosting in a resealable plastic bag and cut small hole in one corner with scissors. Pipe white stitch marks onto footballs.
For an even easier recipe, substitute 1 (18.3 oz) box brownie mix for all of the dry ingredients and add 2 tbsp water. Bake for 30-35 min.
For an extra special touch, place ½ cup white frosting in a resealable plastic bag and cut small hole in the corner with scissor. Pipe white stitch marks onto footballs.
- January 2018
- February March 2022