Tangy Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard make a delicious dip for these tasty kabobs.
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Slice the olives and finely chop the parsley. Mix the olives, half the parsley, cumin, red onion, and ground beef together. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Store the remaining parsley in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8 portions and knead it into an oblong shape around the skewers. Place in a freezer-safe container and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to eat, brush the beef skewers lightly with the oil. Heat a grill pan and grill for 8 min, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the Greek yogurt, remaining parsley, and Dijon mustard together. Serve kabobs with Greek yogurt dip.
Sunday prep steps
- Slice olives and combine with ground cumin and red onion.
- Finely chop parsley and add half to olive mixture.
- Add ground beef to olive mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 mounds and mold onto skewers. Refrigerate.
- Mix Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, and remaining parsley. Refrigerate.
10 min. before serving
- Brush the beef skewers lightly with the oil.
- Heat a grill pan and grill for 8 min., turning occasionally, until tender.
- Serve with yogurt dip.
- Savory Sunday 7 2017
- Savory Sunday
- Calories 467kcal 23%
- Fat 33.5g 52%
- Saturated fat 11.4g 57%
- Carbs 8.9g 3%
- Sodium 540mg 23%
- 5.4g sugar
- 1.6g fiber
- 33.3g protein
- 94mg cholesterol