For this take on a classic niçoise salad, we’ve added lentils for extra fiber and protein.
- 1 (12 oz) bag green beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups cooked or canned lentils
- 1 (5 oz) box mȃche or mesclun greens
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Place the green beans in a pot of salted (in moderation) boiling water. Boil 4 min., until tender. Drain in colander and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and thinly slice the onion. Drain the tuna.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, and mustard to combine. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Chop the green beans. To the bowl with the vinaigrette, add the lentils, cherry tomatoes, onion, green beans, and greens. Toss until well coated. Season with salt (in moderation). Arrange tuna and olives on top.
Sunday prep steps:
- Cook ¾ cup dried lentils according to bag directions. Drain, cool, and refrigerate.
- Boil green beans 4 min. Cool, pat dry with paper towels, and refrigerate.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and mustard. Refrigerate.
- S7 2017 SS Digital
- Calories 684kcal 34%
- Fat 26.6g 41%
- Saturated fat 3.7g 19%
- Carbs 67.2g 22%
- Sodium 1000mg 42%
- 8.3g sugar
- 32.5g fiber
- 45.7g protein
- 22mg cholesterol