Make these meatballs in the slow-cooker for that simmered-all-day taste with a fraction of the effort! Serve them on a roll or over pasta with an extra shaving of cheese.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl mix together ground beef, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and bread crumbs. Form mixture into 8 meatballs. Set on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 18–20 min. until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in a pot over medium-high heat add the olive oil and onion. Cook for 4–5 min. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 min. stirring often. Stir in the tomatoes, dried basil, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 min. Add meatballs to sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and transfer meatballs and sauce to a freezable container. Allow to cool to room temperature and place in freezer.
- To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place thawed meatballs in a 9x13-inch casserole dish and bake in a 375°F oven for 25–30 min. or until bubbly and hot. Serve over pasta or in your favorite roll for a meatball sandwich.
- September 2017