Fresh, crisp vegetables—like cucumber, cabbage, and green onion—and tangy Vietnamese sauce dress up shrimp and rice noodles.
- ½ (1 lb) bag rice noodles
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts
- 1 bunch green onions
- ½ English cucumber
- ½ head savoy cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) pkg frozen peeled shrimp, thawed
- ¼ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup basil leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Drain and rinse the water chestnuts. Slice the green onions. Halve the cucumber half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the center. Slice into ¼-inch pieces. Slice the cabbage. Place water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, and cabbage in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet on medium-high. Add the shrimp and edamame and cook until pink and opaque, 3 min. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl with prepped veggies and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and 3 tbsp water until sugar dissolves. Add lime juice mixture to noodle mixture and toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 bowls. Garnish with basil and peanuts, if desired.
- February March 2022
- August 2017
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes