We’ve updated old-school franks and beans with chicken sausage and cannellini beans for a family-friendly, wholesome meal that’s easy on your wallet.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Italian chicken sausage
- 2 (14.5 oz) can cannellini beans
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Grill the sausage over medium-high heat for 10 min., turning occasionally. Meanwhile drain and rinse the beans. Chop the parsley. Juice the lemon.
- Set the beans, parsley, and red onion in a bowl with juice from the lemon and olive oil. Toss to combine and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the bean salad onto a large platter and set the cooked sausage on top.
Add diced celery for extra crunch.
- June/July 2017
- $10 Meals
- 15 Minutes