This Italian-style sausage stew takes canned tomato soup to the next level with cannellini and pinto beans, red onion, broccoli, and Parmesan.
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) pkg mild chicken Italian sausage
- 1 (12 oz) pkg broccoli florets
- 3 cups Nature's Promise tomato bisque
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- Drain and rinse the beans. Quarter and slice the onion. Heat olive oil in a pot and cut the sausages into 1-inch pieces. Sauté the sausages until brown and cooked through, about 5 min. Add the onion and broccoli and cook for 5 min.
- Add the tomato bisque and beans, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered 5–7 min. until vegetables are tender.
- Divide stew among 4 bowls and garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil.
- May 2017
- Calories 469kcal 23%
- Fat 14.5g 22%
- Saturated fat 3.4g 17%
- Carbs 58.7g 20%
- Sodium 1619mg 67%
- 2.7g sugar
- 9.5g fiber
- 26.8g protein
- 66mg cholesterol