You don’t need to sacrifice taste to find fast dinner recipes. This 15-minute pasta dish is flavor packed with Parmesan cheese, walnuts, lemon, and garlic.
- ½ (16 oz) box penne pasta
- 1 (8 oz) pkg fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, to a food processor or blender, add the spinach, Parmesan, walnuts, and lemon juice. Blend while adding 4 tbsp of the oil in a thin stream. If pesto is too thick, whiz in 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium. Sauté the shrimp with the garlic for 3 min., until pink and cooked through.
- Into a pot, add cooked pasta, shrimp, and spinach pesto. Place back on medium heat, stir together, and cook until warm.
- Fifteen Minutes
- May 2017
- 15 Minutes
- February 2018