Want to enjoy fresh-baked pastries from the comfort of your own kitchen? Try this recipe for homemade strawberry turnovers with a sweet vanilla glaze.
- 1 (prepared 9-inch) pie crust
- ½ cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp water
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out pie crust. Cut into 4 triangular-shaped pieces.
- Place 2 tbsp strawberry preserves on one half of the triangle. Fold dough over and press seams together with a fork. Brush with milk and pierce the top with a fork, to allow steam to escape.
- Place triangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. While turnovers are baking, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and water until well-mixed.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire tray. Drizzle glaze over top.
- Bryan Schimdt