This easy chili recipe has just 5 ingredients, and it only takes half an hour to make. For an even bolder flavor, you can also simmer it on a slow-cooker.
- 1 lb ground beef, 80% lean
- 1 (8 oz) pkg chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 4 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans low-sodium dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot, cook ground beef over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up any lumps and cook for 5 min. or until meat is no longer pink and it begins to brown. Add the onion and chili powder and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until onion starts to soften and mixture is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and beans. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 min. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Serve with additional toppings if desired.
To make this in a slow cooker, brown the meat and add to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- S2 2017
- Calories 208kcal 10%
- Fat 12.2g 19%
- Saturated fat 4.5g 22%
- Carbs 14.2g 5%
- Sodium 275mg 11%
- 7.5g sugar
- 4.2g fiber
- 12.8g protein
- 40mg cholesterol